DH Corp is fully committed to the principle of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and CSR would become embedded, where appropriate, into our policies and practices, to the benefit of employees as well as the wider community. Our future strategy will build on this.
DH Corp aims to be recognised as an organisation that is transparent and ethical in all its dealings as well as making a positive contribution to the community in which it operates. We are committed to the following core values in all aspects of our work, including the fulfilment of social responsibility:
- Commitment to Excellence
DH Corp will seek to achieve corporate and social objectives by focusing on four strategic areas:
- Transparency – Open and transparent business dealings and respect and abide by the local laws and regulations.
- Creating a great Workplace – addressing the needs and aspirations of employees through the continuing development of diversity, work-life balance and health and well-being policies and initiatives.
- Community Impact – encouraging and assisting projects in support of the wider community.
- Environment – further developing environmental management practices in our businesses that minimise waste and maximise efficiencies.
Individual policies in relation to the above targeted strategies will be developed, where necessary, to detail the systems and procedures relevant to each area. These will specify who/which business area will be responsible for each policy.
Existing policies in some areas may already, at least in part, address the issues listed above, and initial work will focus on integrating these with CSR principles. In order to establish the 'baseline' of CSR work that is already taking place, a framework will be drawn up, detailing corporate programmes.
DH Corp recognises that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include investors, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback, complaints and compliments that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our policies, strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- DH Corp will, where reasonable, make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for delivery lies with all employees.
- In relation to community involvement, DH Corp will identify potential partners and staff will work together to raise funds and aid the charity as and when possible in a practical way.
- In selecting either a charity for this support or working with a charity in a team building scenario, DH Corp will only support programmes which are inclusive in nature and reach across all social and community backgrounds. Support will not be given to individuals or groups with political or sectarian connections.
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance in our businesses through implementation of sustainable development and environmental policies.
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We shall encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continued development.
- We shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders.
- Contracts with suppliers will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
CSR activity undertaken by DH Corp affiliated businesses will be reported to the Board on a regular (at least annual) basis. In addition, CSR activity will be publicised both through the internal communication, and externally as appropriate, through a variety of media.
DH Corp businesses will maintain a framework of current and future CSR programmes that are run within their business areas and report on these to the Board.